Advice please and a question or two

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tightwad.....only £35 for a basic vaporizer....around 7 jars of honey in sales.
M3150-800-228x228.jpg

Availability: Out Of Stock

:icon_204-2:

I prefer the Varrox vaporiser, myself.

https://www.thorne.co.uk/health-and-feeding/varroa/oxalic-based?product_id=1712

I think it is better to buy quality, and so justifiable to spread the cost in terms of the useful life - so expectation of minimum of ten years / £115 = Just a tad over two jars per annum.

It's all about how you feel.

Last edited:
Yes, same here.

It would be a big investment though, for someone with only two or three colonies.

Plus, vaping a poly nuc requires a bit of care. Someone on here put up a few pics of a vaping eke iirc.

I have seen no pictures of eke's for poly Nuc's. i do not need too.. my little brain is processing a design since i bought my Poly nucs, i love them by the way..

If you just want to try some of your own bees honey then you could remove just a frame or two rather than a whole super.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

:iagree:

I am busy picking capped frames of spring honey for extraction. Use it as swarm prevention.

Yes, same here.

It would be a big investment though, for someone with only two or three colonies.

Plus, vaping a poly nuc requires a bit of care. Someone on here put up a few pics of a vaping eke iirc.

These you mean?

Attachments

• eke 1 (1024x873).jpg
    eke 1 (1024x873).jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 10
  • eke 2 (1024x576).jpg
    eke 2 (1024x576).jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 9
  • eke 3 (1024x576).jpg
    eke 3 (1024x576).jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 9
  • eke 4 (1024x748).jpg
    eke 4 (1024x748).jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 9
  • eke 5 (1024x576).jpg
    eke 5 (1024x576).jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 8
Easy enough to make a vapouriser for very little. A £5 ptc heater from ebay, a bit of 15mm copper pipe to make a bowl on top, and a stick to mount it all on, bit of wire and a couple of croc clips to attach heater and a battery.

I use a modified eke which has a mesh base to stop bees getting to heater; pop it on top of the brood and zap away.

Even fewer jars of honey in cost.

Latest posts

Back