14 x 12 brood box size

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum Springer.....nice picture,do you work your spaniel.
I make the frame top bars 9mm not 10mm at the ends,and the timber thickness 19mm not 18mm....but i know these drawing do vary slightly,re invent the wheel.

as i have said before, i can never find 19mm timber in the DIY shops, so i use 18mm and adjust

Hive maker has told me it is available but the only time i find it is old 3/4" floor boards on skips

Sorry don't mean to barge the thread, but I am just getting used to the way the forum uploading works.
In answer to question, yes I have a pair and they have done some! but not working this year.

4948946762_aaa4bfcb19_b.jpg

4947791407_cc015aaae8_b.jpg

S

Now they are a fine pair of dogs you have there - nice birds too - where are you in Leicestershire? - do you still pick up with them?

Regards

Merlin

how are springers around live non quarry avians (ie poultry).

They will retrieve them no problem,may have to drag it, if a turkey or bird of similar size.

(Depends on how well they are trained really)

Last edited:
how are springers around live non quarry avians (ie poultry).

They will retrieve them no problem,may have to drag it, if a turkey or bird of similar size.

(Depends on how well they are trained really)

My two are lovely dogs, wouldn't hurt a fly. However, one of them would certainly eat a hen (we have some ex-batts), while the other happily walks through them completely oblivious.

Try http://springthing.3.forumer.com/. A very useful site if you are thinking of getting (or have) springers.

Dave

Latest posts

Back