Who has the biggest hive

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3tha.jpg

35we.jpg

Should they be valid without the bees in shot??:) I think they need to be shot from the entrance side :D

Last edited:
The wife tells me its all about technique

Thorne's will be laughing their socks of when you're all buying extra supers lol. And Yes, from a female beek ... size matters!

Not the best photo, as i'd just taken my suit off and remembered to take a photo, biggest hive is second closest, with several others with 5-6 supers on in the background:

C B

Crikey!

until i read this thread I was quite pleased with myself having a double brood and 2 supers on my hives...

Are there some really tall beekeepers or do people carry ladders? :)

Having just added my second super to my colony that has developed well from a package earlier this year I feel quite insignificant now..

I will get honey in my first year so mustn't grumble

Are there some really tall beekeepers or do people carry ladders? :)

"Nature teaches to wood peckers boy how to climb to the tree"

If they have piled the tower, propably they get the topmost down.
But like yesterday. I left the full Langstroth honey box on ground.
Bees can walk into the hive by themselves.

My back have started to hate those skyscrapers, but how do I get over 100 kg honey from dwarf?.

Having just added my second super to my colony that has developed well from a package earlier this year I feel quite insignificant now..

I will get honey in my first year so mustn't grumble

That is great, often a swarm/nuc/package will not build up enough in the first season to get much honey, so be happy 2 full supers = 40lb+

C B

I know it is late in the season but one of my queens is laying like mad i think the heat has got to her ! so i have just added an undrawn super on top of the national brood to give them more room and something to do to take their mind off swarming it already has 5 supers on nearly full of honey but only a very little capped so i have also stuck another super on so it now stands at 1 1/2 brood box and 6 supers
who would have bet money on this in April lol

View attachment 8500

View attachment 8501

View attachment 8502

Two wooden hives on dbl std national deeps with 5 supers each and 1 poly on dbl std national brood with 4 supers are my biggest at the moment.
The Poly would should have another super on but I have run out!

and no that is not me on the photo but a guy who is getting some experience with me prior to keeping his own bees and is 5'9" tall.

Latest posts

Back