Weather

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
20 & 6 Nucs
Someone please remind me its August, when we had a wonderful June I thought we'll pay for this! We certainly are here in Wales (Cynon Valley). We are now into week three where we have not had a day without rain. I suppose the only upside was I decided to take a break from rearing queens about three weeks ago. I have some in the incubator due to emerge on Friday and I grafted again yesterday before the heavens opened, not only is it wet but its so cold. HB and Rose Bay Willow have been in full bloom but the flowers are being battered by the rain. I am having to feed Nucs, while colonies are eating their way through some lovely honey..

Oh well that beekeeping.

Someone please remind me its August, when we had a wonderful June I thought we'll pay for this! We certainly are here in Wales (Cynon Valley). We are now into week three where we have not had a day without rain. I suppose the only upside was I decided to take a break from rearing queens about three weeks ago. I have some in the incubator due to emerge on Friday and I grafted again yesterday before the heavens opened, not only is it wet but its so cold. HB and Rose Bay Willow have been in full bloom but the flowers are being battered by the rain. I am having to feed Nucs, while colonies are eating their way through some lovely honey..

Oh well that beekeeping.

I was under the impression it rained most days in Wales. :)

It has rained a lot here.. but a better summer than 2016 when it rained almost all June and half July so was a washout..
Stoics don't whinge :sunning: but just do their usual brilliant best :icon_204-2:

Not really unusual to have washout Summers with weeks of prolonged rain but this year it's coupled with forage that has flowered early. Bramble was all done by July, Balsam in flower since early June (but thankfully a long flowering plant) and very little left Willow herb wise, the cotton wool is already climbing the flower spikes. I predicted Ivy in blossom by end of August and I noticed little clubs last weekend.

Latest posts

Back