Votes needed to help london apiary project win the lottery

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Living Under One Sun project

VOTES NEEDED TO HELP TOTTENHAM APIARY PROJECT WIN THE LOTTERY REGIONAL FINALS

A communal garden and training Apiary in Tottenham is in the running to win the lottery. A project at Living Under One Sun (LUOS) is one of six finalists in the London Region for the Jubilee People’s Millions.

Voting for which London projects receives lottery funding opens today when it will be featured on ITV’s London Tonight. The public is being asked to vote by phone today for the project they most want to get funding.

The voting telephone number is: 0871 626 8842, and as i have been involved setting up the land deal but not the project i am looking to the forum for support the project.

Calls cost 10p from a BT landline. Calls from other networks may be higher and from mobile phones considerably more

Background to the project: A Natural Beekeeping Run Apiary through an outreach programme of workshops Blooming Beds and Bees project will:

v inspire and educate local schools, community groups and residents in how bees pollinate flowers and help food to grow;

v give them accessible and hands on information on how to supplement their diet with healthy, fresh and affordable food;

v stimulate more growing in gardens, balconies, schools, community centres and local green spaces;

v stimulate the development of more beehives and beekeeping;

v bring all this together for the Blooming Beds and Bees festival and flower show and competitions on Tottenham Marshes next summer

v improve social relationships and community cohesion by bringing people together from different backgrounds and across different generations to make a difference.

The People’s Millions is a partnership between the BIG Lottery Fund and ITV offering local people the opportunity to decide which projects receive up to £60,000.

OK not my apiary and a natural beekeeping which i do not follow but as i was intiallly invovled in the land deal I am asking for your 10p phone call to support them ( up to 10 calls from the same phone count)

Brilliant just watching this on the news, fingers crossed, it gets my vote

Living Under One Sun project

VOTES NEEDED TO HELP TOTTENHAM APIARY PROJECT WIN THE LOTTERY REGIONAL FINALS

A communal garden and training Apiary in Tottenham is in the running to win the lottery. A project at Living Under One Sun (LUOS) is one of six finalists in the London Region for the Jubilee People’s Millions.

Voting for which London projects receives lottery funding opens today when it will be featured on ITV’s London Tonight. The public is being asked to vote by phone today for the project they most want to get funding.

The voting telephone number is: 0871 626 8842, and as i have been involved setting up the land deal but not the project i am looking to the forum for support the project.

Calls cost 10p from a BT landline. Calls from other networks may be higher and from mobile phones considerably more

Background to the project: A Natural Beekeeping Run Apiary through an outreach programme of workshops Blooming Beds and Bees project will:

v inspire and educate local schools, community groups and residents in how bees pollinate flowers and help food to grow;

v give them accessible and hands on information on how to supplement their diet with healthy, fresh and affordable food;

v stimulate more growing in gardens, balconies, schools, community centres and local green spaces;

v stimulate the development of more beehives and beekeeping;

v bring all this together for the Blooming Beds and Bees festival and flower show and competitions on Tottenham Marshes next summer

v improve social relationships and community cohesion by bringing people together from different backgrounds and across different generations to make a difference.

The People’s Millions is a partnership between the BIG Lottery Fund and ITV offering local people the opportunity to decide which projects receive up to £60,000.

OK not my apiary and a natural beekeeping which i do not follow but as i was intiallly invovled in the land deal I am asking for your 10p phone call to support them ( up to 10 calls from the same phone count)

was it a short vote time? I just tryed to vote and got the message this service is no longer avilable.

Well if it's the only thing Tottenham will ever win it get's my vote!!

:party:

Well if it's the only thing Tottenham will ever win it get's my vote!!

:party:

WELL you are wrong because TOTTENHAM WON, so that's £58,000 lottery money to promote the bees and Flowers on the community allotment , well done Tony ( north London BKA memeber) :party:

Pity Haringey council have just made the neighbourhood worker who organsised it redundant

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back