The bees shout. The queen is dead long live the queen

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...you mean top right?

Cant see anymore or am I missing one ?

Yes thats it just the two.

Glad that you painted them as I just dont seem to be able to do it these days even on a photo, must be going soft or something

Yes thats it just the two.

Glad that you painted them as I just dont seem to be able to do it these days even on a photo, must be going soft or something
No, it was just me being lazy and photoshoping rather than trying to measure on pic. Must say it is a good picture and one seen very rarely.
S

...to get the two queens on the same side of a frame a few times was a surprise...
Speaking to the RBI earlier in the year, his theory was that most beekeepers start looking for "the" queen and stop when they find one. Two queens is actually more common than many realise.

I'll agree there are reasons not to mark. But I'd say a good reason to mark is that it's much easier to see where she "is not". That is, it's easier to check that you're not lifting her off on a cover board or QX surface and I have at least one (marked) who seems to be there as often as she's on a frame.

Latest posts

Back