Swarms

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karsal

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 Pay*es Poly Hives 7 Poly Nucs
Called out to a large prime swarm today in exactly the same place that I collected one just over two weeks ago.
A chap came out of another house and said that there had been one higher up in another tree two days ago that flew off.
I was driving home when my daughter phoned me to say our back garden was just a mass of bees flying around.
They are now in my bait hive on top of the conifer hedge. Took about an hour for them all to go inside. Baited with swarm attractant weeks ago but moved there two days ago. Has had lots of bees in and out of it for three weeks.
I'll donate one to a member of our club who lost all his hives in the floods at Christmas.
Should get him started again.

What a nice thing to do.

:hurray:

I thought I was about to catch a swarm on Thursday, hundreds in/out now nothing...
Maybe time to but a nuc instead.

Cannot believe my luck. Put a fresh bait hive up this morning in place of the one that caught a swarm yesterday.
My wife came into the garage an hour and a half later to say she thought another swarm was flying around the garden.
Sure enough another smaller swarm settled onto the front of the bait hive. They are now all inside.
What luck. They are not from my apiary as they are a very light golden colour of bee. The swarm lure cost me quite a bit from America. Cost of postage was almost as much as the swarm lure but hell its paid for itself several times over.

Another busy morning loads visiting, then at about 1500 hours they all go.

Latest posts

Back