Storing wet or dry?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Spinnaker

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
1 + 1 nuc
After extracting, should I wait until Apilife Var treatment is over and then give the wet frames back to the bees to clean up, or store them wet over winter (my treatment won't be finished until October)?

Thank you

The treatment is 'space affected', as far as efficacy is concerned. Look at the website for details.

RAB

I think as always the choice is yours, I prefer to store my supers wet and give them a bit of a treat when they go back on next year. The main thing is to keep them coolish and dry overwinter and to prevent anything getting in.

Chris

I think as always the choice is yours, I prefer to store my supers wet and give them a bit of a treat when they go back on next year. The main thing is to keep them coolish and dry overwinter and to prevent anything getting in.

Chris

:iagree:saves diesel if you have out apiaries too

Wet storing usually stops wax moth. If wax moth is no problem then I would give it to the bees for twenty four hours to clean up
E

I think drs means there is honey in the now empty supers, which won't require processing by the bees to remove any water, as nectar would.

I think.

I think you mean excess water or moisture because honey always contains water but it wouldn't matter, it doesn't ferment over winter if kept reasonably cool....

.....if that was what was meant.

Chris

There is an advantage to storing wet supers over and above wax moth.

PH

Latest posts

Back