Stan wins "Best in Show" again at Brum

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I think someone should arm Frisbee with a 12-gauge.......just in case

:)

I can see that you are concerned WPC, but judging by posts on this forum, Fris doesn't need a 12 bore to make her points felt. Conversation provides all the necessary facilities.

do you do much shooting ?

Hi ya JCBRUM
Ant tat ol fella sittin on his bum! The one that takes THE MONEY on the door at Stoneleagh show.
yaw don’t get a pint off him or discount, yaw all got deep pockets in Brum?
It seems to me the further up country yaw go the grip be tighter.
All the best mike

Used to shoot .22 prone for 'the country' about 18 years ago - then moved on to full-bore target pistol in the early 90's - Dunblane put paid to that though. Now just a little bit of rough shooting (with a 12-gauge!) as and when I can get out and about.

And then there was the L30 120mm rifled main gun I used to fire on top of a Challenger I......but that's another story entirely!

I can see that you are concerned WPC, but judging by posts on this forum, Fris doesn't need a 12 bore to make her points felt. Conversation provides all the necessary facilities.

do you do much shooting ?

Last edited:
Ahh right, you're well practised in the art then.

I think one of our 'old-timer' members, W H N Fleming Esq, was 'All England' Champion Shot, at Bisley. He has some magnificent trophies (cups) for shooting, and for beekeeping. I think he's at the show today, so if I pop along later I'll ask him if he's won anything this week-end.

More pics of our Honey Show

As promised, here's a pic of 'Our Nigel' - All England Champion Rifle Shot, and winner of "The Queens Commendation Award for Bravery", for tackling, detaining and dis-arming an armed gunman, during a former career.

"Nige" is in the junior section of our '81yrs to 100yrs old' group which is currently headed by "Stan"

Next up is "Sharif", a new member 2 years ago and now seconded to "The Committee" where he is ably plotting quiet revolution. We don't hold new members back just because they ask a lot of damn silly questions. (note for Fris) Sharif is selling his "Rea Valley Honey", - the Rea being one of the beautiful rivers running through Birmingham.

Next is "Sue", our Lady President, with her West Mids Honey, which is pulling in customers queueing three deep to buy it. Sue is good at pulling.

Followed by John G, holding a bottle of his "Honey Beer", - not an exhibit, but a crate was provided as refreshment for 'the workers'. Talking of 'exhibiting' things, John G is well known for suddenly revealing things which have been previously well covered up ! He used to make the curtains for the new memorial plaques, for the Corporation, when they did 'un-veilings'.

Other pics show honey sales in progress and some of the many fine trophies which are awarded to the winning exhibits.

That's all for now folks, - JCBrum.

Lovely photo's of what seems to have been a very successful event. thanks for sharing!!

We don't hold new members back just because they ask a lot of damn silly questions. (note for Fris)

respect-013.gif

Frisbee

Now don't give her too many ideas ............. she's already on a roll .... ha ha ;)

Latest posts

Back