Robin Hood - Russell Crowe

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little John

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
50+
Just got around to watching the 2010 film 'Robin Hood' starring Russell Crowe. Thoroughly enjoyed it, despite it being a rather strange rendition of this popular subject.

In particular the amount of realism was very impressive ... that is, until Philip of France's invasion forces came ashore at Dungeness in oar-driven WWII landing barges, complete with drop-down ramps.

Yeah - they really had those in the 12th and 13th centuries. Not many things make me burst out laughing - but that did.

Otherwise - quite a good movie.

LJ

In particular the amount of realism was very impressive ... that is, until Philip of France's invasion forces came ashore at Dungeness in oar-driven WWII landing barges, complete with drop-down ramps.
Yeah - they really had those in the 12th and 13th centuries. Not many things make me burst out laughing - but that did.
LJ

Behind the scene view of them.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgkEBoDrtJA[/ame]

That wasn't P C chucking in the skeps at 49 seconds in, was it ???
must have been another medieval Natural Beekeeperer !

:icon_204-2:

I thought the film was pretty good, especially compared to some of the other Robin Hoods that have been made.

Yeah - they really had those in the 12th and 13th centuries.

They really did - almost! ;)

From imdb http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0955308/trivia?tab=gf
Though there are primary sources dating back to within a few years of when the film takes place which describe landing craft that "had doors, which were easily opened, and a bridge was thrust out whereby the knights could come forth to land all mounted", these doors were in the stern of the ship, not the bow, and were not intended for amphibious landings. [William of Tyre, Chronicon, ed. Robert B. C. Huygens (Turnhout: Brepols, 1986), p. 927]​

Kevin Costner version showed them at the start escaping from the prison via a steel manhole cover in the street, then popping up on the English coast with the declaration that "tonight we supp in Nottingham"

He should have checked with Sally Traffic beforehand.

In particular the amount of realism was very impressive

apart from people wearing chainmail being hit with a sword and falling over dead.

Funny old world.

I thought it dreary and gave up watching..

Much preferred Crowe in the romantic comedy.. A Good Year.. nice vineyards as well..

I still think LA Confidential is Crowe's best film.

Just got around to watching the 2010 film 'Robin Hood' starring Russell Crowe. Thoroughly enjoyed it, despite it being a rather strange rendition of this popular subject.

LJ

I found the development of the accent amazing. At times it was all Gladiator, then a bad John Lennon impersonation. Clearly shot as films are at different times and the coaching either improved or he gave up. Bloody awful film.

I thought he was good in the film a beautiful mind (as professor Nash the mathematician) and master and commander, the far side of the world.

yup, me too, made me want to buy a place in france,lol

admit it, it's the wimmin as well as the wine :)

Sorry that's not very PC..

Rewritten:

I am sure , like me, you found the portrayal of the female interest, very appealing.

Latest posts

Back