O.K. So what did Santa bring you ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenkinsbrynmair

International Beekeeper of Mystery
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
Well, apart from the obligatory socks and underpants - mother and sister bought me a table saw for the chamber of secrets (A.K.A. the Brynmair bee shed) a box of goodies from Fortnum & Mason's from my brother SWMBO presented me with a lovely gift wrapped (don't you dare buy that it's obscene paying that for a book) Copy of Tom Seeley's Wisdom of the Hive. :winner1st::hurray:

Chapel service over - candles out and fire banked down until my next visit and Just having a quick relax now with a glass of Bessen Genever before popping down the club for a pint or two of Tomos Watkins Cwrw Santa (Santa's beer) with the real victor Meldrew (A.K.A. the father in law) probably fall asleep before the pudding is served so have a good one all :xmas-smiley-013::xmas-smiley-024:

Bee related stuff.......remotely........ was a new screw driver drill and a magnifying glass to help me spot eggs ! :spy:

New tablet to play with. Its a nexus 7 and I'm not quite sure how its going to be of any use beyond reading whith the lights out and wasting even more time on forums, but thank you Santa !

Whisky and underpants. Sadly no socks this year. I must have been on the naughty/nice/could go either way list.

With new boots it was probably decided that you don't need socks to keep your heels warm!.

Apart from the usual skivvies etc. It's not what Santa brought, but what is yet to come. A Very Nice Rigol oscilloscope - almost an electronic crystal ball . . .Looking forward to it is more than half the fun.

Bee related stuff.......remotely........ was a new screw driver drill and a magnifying glass to help me spot eggs ! :spy:

How does a screw driver help you spot eggs??

:sorry: :hang_my_head_in_shame:

Merry Christmas all,
A pair of Hunter's beekeeping wellingtons with the socks! The excuse, I will get good use out of them all summer!

On the magnifying glass front, check out Halfords 5 x plus leds £1.Plus a bucket load of other useful £1 items.
Halfords

Four bee books off my mil2b

Practical beekeeping Howe
Skeps their history and use Alston
Bees at the bottom of the garden
Honeybee democracy.

:)

And a cute honey pot off bil2b

I'm ecstatic - Santa brought me a compound microscope and all the gizmos to make slides etc., just need to face the challenge of learning how to get the best out of it.
So far: onion membrane: nice view of cells (at least I remembered that one)
Pond water: detritus and a few little critters
My honey: pollen grains and a lot of detritus (well it was crush and a bit of a strain)
Friend's honey: pure and lovely with just a few pollen grains

Anyone found any good books on bees and microscopy that they'd recommend to get me on my way?
:ohthedrama:

the wife gave me money ready for t*****s sale.Lots needed for next season.

Really pleased.

'Er indoors donated to train a couple of women in beekeeping (on my behalf).

If they only get half the fun and half the crop I had, they will have a wonderful year.

(Oh, and I got a new car as well!)

Dusty.

Bought hubby lots of beekeeping bits that I really wanted. He seems thrilled but that will only last 'til I start using them

from my aged Step Mother, a jar of Honey, why "because you like honeybees" , She meant well, but at 92 I think her Logic is a bit screwed, I expect i might be a bit like her at 92

Beekeeping at buckfast- brother adam

Keeping bees- vivian head

Not so sure about the second one because ive never heard of it anyone else read it ??

Merry christmas

JBM Good on you for getting Wisdom of the Hive as a pressie. I am working through a library copy and have to give it back soon. Taking lots of notes because I'm not likely to see it again. Very good, detailed, read. Merry Christmas.

Latest posts

Back