Nice Quiet Apiary?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youngyoungs

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
More than 4
Just returned from a trip to the frozen French Alps and thought you might appreciate photos from an apiary I spotted up the mountain.

Close up of the hives themselves

http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/picture.php?albumid=410&pictureid=2733

Next door - a very large bar/restaurant which every afternoon becomes a venue where they play the thumping beat of outdoor music and have a terrace full to bursting of skiers and boarders dancing and drinking. All in the middle of the ski slopes. Champagne spraying the crowd. Rappers standing on the bar, Drums on the roof.

http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/picture.php?albumid=410&pictureid=2734

Wonder whether the bees wear ear defenders?

:music-smiley-014:

Hi youngyoungs,
Woha me too. Did you enquiry how they managed to do a full inspection or was it only part of the facade?

They're not hives, they're wine coolers in disguise.

Does not look too practical for the bee keeper.

In my area the local professional keepers move their hives to the ski station areas for the months of July and August. There are lots of flowers and growth there whereas down here on the coast these months have very little indeed, until it rains again in September.

If you find more mad place to bee hives, let me know.

I bet that hives are full of poached deer flesh

Well you can imaging wonderful views and peace and quiet and the neighbours from hell move in next door not only intending on making the immediate neighbours a living hell they want every one down the valley to suffer. I think a good move by the beekeeper.

When the snow goes and the bees come out, all the skiers will have long departed ? Probably closes up in the summer months? A logical guess?

hasn't that "apiary" been posted on here before. seem to remember very similar if not identical photo a couple of years back.

I think so too, skiing bees CrazyBull Feb 2011.
Cazza

Not surprised that it has been on here before, for me Feb 2011 counts as BB (ie before beekeeping).

La Folie Douce between Tignes and Val d'Isere if anyone fancies a visit.

:paparazzi:

Latest posts

Back