new bee Birmingham

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sneaky zee

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
hi all my name is zyadd I live in Birmingham Edgbaston area. I'm new to beekeeping but fastenated bout them I don't have any hives yet. is there any in Birmingham.

Tell us more, have you ever been through a bee hive with anyone? Have you got a starter bee keeper course booked at your local bee keepers association? Have you read any books about keeping bees....oh and welcome
E

Are there any in Birmingham.

Join your local BKA and you will soon find out - hundreds if not thousands. You can trace the most local BKA that suits you by Googling the BBKA website. If you want to understand beekeeping better, how about getting a book or two? I recommend "Guide to Beesa and Honey" by Ted Hooper MBE. By the time youv'e listened to the beeks at the BKA and read the book, you will know enough to make the decision as to whether you really want to get involved. It is a really frustrating, mucky at times, and expensive business to begin with.

I have looked at thousands of videos read loads after article bout them I know bit bout them and I am very serious to get in i even went to the honey show couple weeks ago. I will register on the course in January or Feb or closer when they are ready to open a hive.

Great news.... Look forward to hearing how you get on.... Try and get a day out with a local bee keeper.
E

thanks a lot I can't wait. does any one know of any beekeeper who is willing to teach or mentor me who is around Birmingham / west midlands.
thanks for all the replies.

oh I almost forgot. if anybody needs any kind of printing done let me know as I am a printer by trade.

thanks again

Latest posts

Back