Mouse poop in honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very entertaining :D

The kitchen had more of a mouse problem than the shed did. Can't really do it in the kitchen anyway.

I've been thinking about moving my operation to another premise, I've been offered a shed that I can use solely for honey. He mentioned though that it gets mouses out there, and since I don't live there currently, I won't be able to check it like I can at my home. It is a bit troublesome. I think if I made a honey heater, it'd pour faster and wouldn't need to sit over night like I've been doing so as much.

Are you crushing your combs? an extractor would speed up the process a lot and might make straining obsolete altogether but your hive type might not allow that. If you can, you only need to strain your cappings, that might be done in a smaller sieve inside a closed container or give them back to the bees to clean.

I am crushing my combs, but I'm looking to acquire an extractor somehow by the time Spring arrives! :)

Back