just starting out in a somewhat backwards fasion.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anybody watch Countryfile last night?
That field of Sainfoin was mighty impressive. Wouldn’t it be great if that was planted rather than OSR?
Yes it would but can you get oil as well out of sainfoin ? Perhaps forage lupins? they can improve the soil at the same time.

How long did that take its on for a whole hour.. You must have some long nails:unsure:
I made it last - the only two parts of Craven's hour worth watching is the farmer's (are we allowed to call it that now?) forecast and the closing credits

The only part that I do also, been part of my Sunday since the 1970's when it was on a proper midday farming/countryman's programme
Yes the programme has gone to the dogs but it is aimed at a different audience though. At least city kids might learn where milk comes from. I still liked the sainfoin field though and all the bees buzzing round Adam’s head when he showed the flower to the camera. My farmer neighbour used to graze cattle intermittently in the field that surrounds us and take two crops of silage off it in a year. It was rented. The tenancy has changed and they have cut it four times already piling on fertiliser in between each cut. What’s the betting they will take another two cuts off it?

Did anybody watch Countryfile last night?
That field of Sainfoin was mighty impressive. Wouldn’t it be great if that was planted rather than OSR?

well.... no one is really sure what your going to get instead of it but there is going to be a lot less OSR about in comeing years as it's pritty much an unviable well uneconomic crop now, so won't be long before even the stubborn give up with it, last couple of harvests of it have been dire due to fleabeetle.

well.... no one is really sure what your going to get instead of it but there is going to be a lot less OSR about in comeing years as it's pritty much an unviable well uneconomic crop now, so won't be long before even the stubborn give up with it, last couple of harvests of it have been dire due to fleabeetle.
You’re right. I suppose I should be careful what I wish for. It could be maize.

Latest posts

Back