ive made a cock up and need some advice

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i could not wait any longer so i have had a look in the nuc box to find fresh eggs capped brood and a peach of an open queen cell but there just was not time to create a new laying queen so i looked into the donor hive and found the queen in there happily doing her thing, so the only thing i can think of is as the original hive was so full there must have been 2 queens in it and i must have put one of them into the nuc
or has anyone else got any ideas as to where all the new eggs have come from ???

2 possibilities I can think of- either a) they were in mid-supercedure, and you got lucky- but in that case surprising that they built a queen cell, or b) they have raised queen cells over a period- the laying queen is from one of the first, the one you saw was a later back-up.

2 possibilities I can think of- either a) they were in mid-supercedure, and you got lucky- but in that case surprising that they built a queen cell, or b) they have raised queen cells over a period- the laying queen is from one of the first, the one you saw was a later back-up.

skyhook this certainly is a steep learning curve :thanks:

Hi Stephenpug,
Well, that avoids the chance of getting a scrub queen! Who's a lucky boy then?

Back