items used in bee keeping

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdb

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
hello every one in my reading and on dvds i see and hear about mini nuc,mating nuc and queen castles ,queen timing box and a frame i dont know name of but A banking frame holds several individual queen cages. The queens are put in the cages without attendants, then the frame is put into a queenless hive or a queenright hive above an excluder. The queens will be cared for by young workers all above are used in the usa are they used here by any one if any one would like plans for above or nucs or a hive i have bought some and will send you a copy these came from a usa bee keeper thanks paul not worthy

Last edited:
US is not the most appropriate source for plans or advice as they have different standards and ideas. Dave Cushman (Google to his site) and there are plans of everything you will ever need as well as masses of advice on beekeeping in general which will comprehensively answer all of the points you have mentioned. There are many other places to get plans from anyway - not least by searching this forum assuming there isn't a sticky for plans too. Also join your local BKA and get a book - I recommend Ted Hughes "Guide to Bees and Honey" as being ideal for beginners and experts - very readable and great for dipping into. There are many others too of course.

Last edited:
He was.

Died a little while ago, but his website, a mine of good, solid information, has been kept up.

Dusty

+1 ... It's a site of almost encyclopaedic proportions .. if you need to know anything about the variety of beekeeping equipment, hives and methods then you will always find Dave Cushman (with very few exceptions) has it covered.

A treasured legacy to British beekeeping and a testament to Dave Cushman's almost obsessional quest to catalogue everything about beekeeping (at home and occasionally abroad).

i would agree the Dave cushion website is fantastic.

Latest posts

Back