Idiots beware..!!!!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it, our gas cooker uses two 47kg red propane gas cylinders, so does everyone else i know that uses gas cylinders for their cooker.

According to this....

So are you saying we should connect blue cylinders to our cookers and not the red ones recommended by the cooker manufactures.

I should have said its illegal to use the cylinders indoors.

Last edited:
That is certainly a factor but I had an "Asperger's attack" and have googled the heck out of this. Here was one fun result. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM0jtD_OWLU

But pressure aside (and the tanks are thicker; once you get to the above stage I don't think there's going to be a lot of difference), propane SHOULD be safer because there is less carbon to make CO. So I think the fear is substitution. Burning butane in a propane appliance is going to be very dangerous indoors; the opposite, much less so. So ban the propane appliances. Also, turns out that "Propane" is not necessarily propane but can contain a high proportion of butane. Which leads to the same logic.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propane
I had a feeling the propane bottles are thicker but wasnt sure.

No problem with burning butane in a propane appliance because mostly they will run from either gas as long as the bottle is fitted with the correct regulator. Idiot ebay seller was advocating the use of propane autogas from a butane bottle no doubt fitted with a butane regulator.

Propane in the UK is mostly propane but may contain more butane during warmer weather....In Euroland the amount of butane added to autogas is higher in warmer climates.

I am in the process of fitting my motorhome to run off gas and at the same time fitted it with (auto shut off when max of 80% full) Gaslow cylinder. This will top up every time I fill the engine tank.

A friend's neighbour managed to blow up their house using propane gas. Unfortunately, my friend's house was the other half of the semi....

I should have said its illegal to use the cylinders indoors.

These cylinders were outside!

No action taken against the householder who caused the explosion by having the gas cooker fitted by an unqualified person, without consent of the landlord.....:cuss::cuss::cuss:

These cylinders were outside!

No action taken against the householder who caused the explosion by having the gas cooker fitted by an unqualified person, without consent of the landlord.....:cuss::cuss::cuss:

why would any action be taken???.........Up to the landlord to sue the tenant and or the fitter.

Latest posts

Back