How big a hole do I need to bury my head???:(

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
5...2 wooden National, 2 poly Nat & 1 poly nuc...bursting at the seams
I put my name on a swarm collection list...thinking of the ones that land in the local churchyard etc. I get a call giving me a 'heads up' on a possible swarm (via 1571). The lady in question will call if they settle...in the eaves of her roof! She didn't think they were a swarm yet - but 'just looking' - How quickly can I change my number??:banghead:

If it doesnt suit you, then dont collect simples.
Was that on the wasp control swarm collectors list? Thats my site by the way! If the swarm is in a ridiculous location as they often are, its a case of either living with them, or getting a pest controller to destroy them.
If the latter, any entrances MUST be blocked up after treatment.

Sorry,, not authorised to climb ladders......

I've turned down swarms where people have phoned at either very inconvenient times or they were in ridiculous locations.

We're not the fourth emergency service just helping out where/if we can

Thanks all - I haven't heard anything yet, but I can always give her another local number...no way I can climb ladders.

Ladders, boxes, branch lopers, flying bees (who may be hungry if they've been there a few days.) = recipe for disaster

Ladders, boxes, branch lopers, flying bees (who may be hungry if they've been there a few days.) = recipe for disaster

:iagree: Oh yeah - that kind of thing's a hell of a lot more fun to watch than to do....especially if the bees have actually decided to stay and set up house.

Latest posts

Back