Hive bodies

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect polystyrene not plastic. But the following on video showing the construction of his beekeeping migratory hive trailer shows a really creative bit of thinking .... clearly he's a beekeeper.

[/url]

Creative yes, but I bet that boxes have tax free cicarettes from Russia.

If they are mere plastic, the surface temp would rise in sunshine up to 50-60C.

Material needs some insulation properties.

Low density polyethylene has a SG of less than (1) ...it's not a long way away from many of the denser woods that some may use for bodies, if you molded it using a foaming agent, .. same SG as pine, ....surface temp would likely be similar to both materials

Low density polyethylene has a SG of less than (1) ...it's not a long way away from many of the denser woods that some may use for bodies, if you molded it using a foaming agent, .. same SG as pine, ....surface temp would likely be similar to both materials

High density poly 100g/litre

They should last 35-40 years and they need painting with masonry paint. Without frames they cost around £100.00, although they are cheaper in Europe. People have stood on certain types.

What £ 100 ?

In Finland langstroth polybox is 18 €. In Uk price is double.

Finnish company exports poly hives to Australia. They say that insulated hive protects against over heating. It serves as insulation in a fridge. Polyhives make bigger yields.... But we will see how it stands along time.
Floor and roof are simple to do by yourself.

What £ 100 ?

In Finland langstroth polybox is 18 €. In Uk price is double.

Finnish company exports poly hives to Australia. They say that insulated hive protects against over heating. It serves as insulation in a fridge. Polyhives make bigger yields.... But we will see how it stands along time.
Floor and roof are simple to do by yourself.

Maybe I am quoting the price after customs have found the Russian contraband. No it was a price for the whole hive, floor, roof, brood and supers. Do they export to New Zealand?

We have two poly box manufacturers Honey Paw and Paradise Honey.

Then in Sweden there is old Nacka company

Nacka hives have had very good material. I have much Nacka boxes which had been labeled 1988.

You see for example the price list from google 'nuutero honeypaw.fi, pesätarvikkeet

Then look from pictures

Boxes are American Langstroth standard and its medium.
We call medium as 'farrar".

Maybe I am quoting the price after customs have found the Russian contraband. No it was a price for the whole hive, floor, roof, brood and supers. Do they export to New Zealand?

Paradise honey owner Juhani Vaara has lots of co operstion with NZ beekeepers. Send to him an email.

Paradise honey owner Juhani Vaara has lots of co operstion with NZ beekeepers. Send to him an email.

We have two poly box manufacturers Honey Paw and Paradise Honey.

Then in Sweden there is old Nacka company

Nacka hives have had very good material. I have much Nacka boxes which had been labeled 1988.

You see for example the price list from google 'nuutero honeypaw.fi, pesätarvikkeet

Then look from pictures

Boxes are American Langstroth standard and its medium.
We call medium as 'farrar".

Well done Finman ladaok should be pleased

Latest posts

Back