hello from new member in London

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ive just (like yesterday) acquired a sizeable space to place hives in a much overgrown vineyard about an hour away from my house.
very much looking forward to leaning all about apiary

Ive just (like yesterday) acquired a sizeable space to place hives in a much overgrown vineyard about an hour away from my house.
very much looking forward to leaning all about apiary
An hour's drive is quite a long distance. I would suggest you get a locked unit to keep all your kit in. I get fed up of walking 100 metres to get things I have forgotten, but ...... Welcome. Been on any courses?

An hour's drive is quite a long distance. I would suggest you get a locked unit to keep all your kit in. I get fed up of walking 100 metres to get things I have forgotten, but ...... Welcome. Been on any courses?
Comes with storage, wine and deer stalking
Any courses you’d recommend ?

Join a local beekeeping association and enrol in their winter theory course/spring practical.
Contact BASC and enrol in one of their deerstalking courses.

Join a local beekeeping association and enrol in their winter theory course/spring practical.
Contact BASC and enrol in one of their deerstalking courses.

It's possible that you might still have time to get in touch with WSET and join one of their wine stalking courses, too.

James

As others have said, get on a 6-month beginners course, run by your local BKA. I wouldn't recommend anyone keep bees without doing that course
You can usually tell if a keeper has been on one of those courses, when you get into a chat about beekeeping, or they show you their setup. The difference is night and day.

And definitely go into a hive with someone BEFORE you spend any money. Keeping bees sounds so easy. Many have failed. Click on the link at the bottom of my post for an insight into how challenging it can be😧

And definitely go into a hive with someone BEFORE you spend any money. Keeping bees sounds so easy. Many have failed. Click on the link at the bottom of my post for an insight into how challenging it can be😧
thanks that's helpful.

Latest posts

Back