Hay fever

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SixFooter

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I always get mild hay fever symtoms at this time of year and I didnt really know what caused it. This year, it is worse than it ever has been before and this corresponds with more rape fields around here than I have ever seen before.
Ergo, I think I'm allergic to rape pollen. Perhaps some rape honey will help!

Could also be tree pollen. This warm weather followed by a bit of wind has probably got a lot of stuff airborne.

Not sure what's going on, normally bit of a rn and the odd sneeze but last weekend it's was if I'd been out on a Friday night bender and had the Saturday hangover. Wouldn't mind to much but I don't drink the falling down stuff.

Pollution levels have, nationally, been through the roof. UK is going to have to pay vast amounts of compensation to the EU for breaching clean air levels. Pollution attaches itself to pollen and increases the effects - bigger particulate matter.

I always get mild hay fever symtoms at this time of year and I didnt really know what caused it. This year, it is worse than it ever has been before and this corresponds with more rape fields around here than I have ever seen before.
Ergo, I think I'm allergic to rape pollen. Perhaps some rape honey will help!

I always suffered badly from rape pollen -- just driving past a field was a trial, eyes streaming, sneezing etc.

Since I've kept bees, not had the slightest problem.

HOWEVER, this effect was observed before I ever harvested any honey and thats why I refer to my first sting of the year as my annual innoculation :D

mind you , someone told me the new rape varieties have been bred differently -- maybe you are more allergic and I am less to these types ...

Latest posts

Back