Foundation in Wilts, Beds and Hants

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peteinwilts

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Lots and lots
Hi Guys

Following on from the bulk Foundation order for the Wiltshireish thread, I thought I would start a new one.

We currently have well over the drop size for a free delivery in Wiltshire. Our current grand total is £886.90. This means we have saved ourselves nearly £180 plus delivery! :hurray:

However, we can now play a new game. We are not far short of another free drop with full discount in Bedfordshire or Hampshire. (Beds is in the lead at the moment!)

We have a number of members that are willing to do runs or\and will act as drop points (please look on the previous thread for details.)

No more orders after Friday evening! (as I am placing the order!)

I will be working out finances on Wednesday\Thursday!

Cheers
Pete

Last call!! ordering tomorrow night!

Lead time is approximately 10 days... the only thing they do not have is National Shallow, which pretty much everyone wants...

I am 'presuming' they will not require paying until nearer the time of shipment. If this is not the case, I will send you all that are partaking PM's tomorrow evening. (but am sure it is!)

I am talking to Peter at KBS regarding the arrangements...

Cheers
Pete

Pete
payment is normally by cheque,or it was up until last week,sorry, i must of had the only shallow foundation available at the present time...but sure Peter will soon have some more in production.

I personally am not in a hurry. 10 days is an easy wait for me!

I heard KBS were very good... if anyone has any better suggestions that offers good discount.... :bigear:

Cheque! I am sure I can rustle one up... My bank stopped me using them about 7 years ago. I emailed KBS regarding payment this evening, so will find out tonight or tomorrow.

Pete
payment is normally by cheque,or it was up until last week,sorry, i must of had the only shallow foundation available at the present time...but sure Peter will soon have some more in production.

apparently he has a number of very large orders he is dealing with at the moment and is sweating a bit to hit target.. must be a good business to be in!

Somerford,

The delivery charges are based on the total order, not how many shipments they may wish to make.

KBS should have sorted payment by plastic by now (they were pulling their hair out about it before Christmas!)

Distributing (the 'secondary' part of it) twice would seem a no-no for something like this.

I believe Hivemaker may be a possible source but with a 100% mark up on KBS prices!

Regards, RAB

KBS should have sorted payment by plastic by now (they were pulling their hair out about it before Christmas!)

I spoke to them or Tuesday and he was unable to take credit cards.

Brian

Sorry, perhaps should have been more specific. I know nothing about whether he wants to accept credit cards or not. I was offering a debit card payment before Christmas. Subtle difference, I know, but he might just be organising to accept only some plastic (like lidls)?

Regards, RAB

I spoke to them or Tuesday and he was unable to take credit cards.

Brian

He is working on it with all things the people want rent for the equipment and then a cut of the takings.

Also dont underestimate the trust a thing that is fast disappearing he often sends orders out on receipt of cheques.

Having just placed an order for over £500 and will place others during the season I am happy to send a cheque and let him decide the best days to send the wax. Frosty weather no go.

The order is placed! (no more requests please!)

approximate order date in 10 days. I will send a cheque (as per his request!) this weekend and send PM's out regarding payment just before next weekend.

It is a shame he did not have enough off the shelf. I am within a few miles of his farm tomorrow afternoon!
....At least it will be nice and fresh!

Cheers
Pete

Latest posts

Back