Easipet extrator - anyone used one?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taurus

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Are these any good?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stainless...527449?hash=item1c51724499:g:igkAAOSwstxVMQ81

I know it's early days but my plan to start small and build up slowly went out of the window when my mentor started me on a very prolific double brood - and boy are they busy!

So I suspect I'd better think ahead a bit. Due to a wicked work schedule the bees are strictly limited to a couple of hives at most in my garden - so there's no way I'll outgrown that limit.

Just wondered if anyone had used one and what feedback might be available.

Ta!

Paul.

there's no way ill go more than two hives
everyone says that, can you not do crush and strain for until you can sort out something for now, you will lose a bit of honey whilst the bees build out new coomb.

I really don't have room for more than two hives and I work 70+ hours a week. The only saving grace is that I work from home which means I get odd bits of time between appointments so I can do inspections etc as and when weather permits.

If I crush and strain what's the easiest way to get the bees to clean up the wax remnants? Do I just put the crushed wax into a container and leave inside an empty super like a feeder?

(Edit - just spotted another thread on here which mentions Abelo - they do a 4 frame extractor that is £50 more but looks twice the quality.)

Last edited:
Back