Drought?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinL

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
So, it hasn't rained for 4-6 weeks, are we in a drought?

Will J.C. want to be the Minister for Drought & sign a compulsory purchase order on Perrier?

On a more serious note, the water companies are now private suppliers, not Government Authorities who can impose a hosepipe ban? Surely I pay for what I use and they need to supply it?

The Moors are all at the Highest "Fire risk" but the first line of fire control measures are the 18" cut-off bits rubber conveyor belts nailed to poles in 1977!

Bet those Darn Sarff are the first to run out after Thames water drained loads of reservoirs & built on them in the 80's?

So, it hasn't rained for 4-6 weeks, are we in a drought?
Bet those Darn Sarff are the first to run out after Thames water drained loads of reservoirs & built on them in the 80's?

Thames water never drained any reservoirs here and built on them...and it was raining on two days of last week here.

...and it was raining on two days of last week here.

Barsteward, barsteward...you lucky effing devil.
Farmers are doing rain dances and sacrificing virgins round here.

Last edited:
I water the garden with sweat when beekeeping.

The Welsh think of everything, all our reservoirs are linked, to stop a drought situation,

Drought-Wales are two words that are not readily linked unless you're talking sport?

Looks like there will be some rain later today. All those in new estates with road names like Water Street, Brook Lane, River Walk, Beck Road etc may soon find that the builders came to give them that name due to what was there previously!

It's raining here.
Just as well as all nectar and pollen flows appear to have stopped and I am tired of walking 100 meters to water a few precious plants, my runner beans and my sprouts - the grass is a lovely shade of straw and when I dug a hole for a post (to hold a mini nuc), the ground was bone dry and hard 0.5metres down.

Drought-Wales are two words that are not readily linked unless you're talking sport?

Looks like there will be some rain later today. All those in new estates with road names like Water Street, Brook Lane, River Walk, Beck Road etc may soon find that the builders came to give them that name due to what was there previously!

Learned the lesson back in the 70's, queueing for water once a day.

Drought-Wales are two words that are not readily linked

Have been in the Capel Curig/Beddgelert/Betws area for the last few days and Snowdonia is looking parched at the moment. The Conwy and its tributaries are showing their bare bones and any plants with shallow roots are looking bedraggled. Campsites that use mountain streams as a water source were having problems. One positive was that the midges seem to be suffering.
It looked very green compared to Warwickshire though.

Have been in the Capel Curig/Beddgelert/Betws area for the last few days and Snowdonia is looking parched at the moment. The Conwy and its tributaries are showing their bare bones and any plants with shallow roots are looking bedraggled. Campsites that use mountain streams as a water source were having problems. One positive was that the midges seem to be suffering.
It looked very green compared to Warwickshire though.

What do you expect - the bloody English keep stealing the water :D

Latest posts

Back