Does Finland has different weather: snow map

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finman

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Last edited:
not even a sniff of snow in Wales - not a jot anywhere of note, may be a spot or two on the top of Eryri, but nothing on the fans (pronouned Vans for you heathens) around here

Someone posted a pic of snow on top of a mountain in the west of Ireland yesterday, but the reality is that it's unusual for areas at sea-level to get more than a dusting of snow any winter. The grass here keeps growing until late November and starts again in February so it's green most of the time. I've only been to the Helsinki area in March and it was all brown, everything dead at that time, very different to here.

When I look now forecast of Finnish places, in South we have next 5 days water rain every day. +5 to + 3C temp all the time.

Then that place in North, which has 40C snow, will get more snow every day during next 5 days. Temp will be -3C

Have I missed something? What this all about?
We all know Finland has different weather to much of the UK. Parts of the North and Scotland may be similar. What is Finnie trying to say?

Latest posts

Back