Cylage 4 Wood

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beehive1234

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
Match box
Is there someone who is fit enough to exchange my cylage for wood. Be it cut from my land or not. Please contact me. [email protected]

I know of silage and haylage, but what is cylage, is it something similar? or something completely different.

Does anyone know the best way to get some silage cut? Please some advice would be nice. Thank you.

Contact an agricultural contractor to get the grass cut, round baled and wrapped. Then you just need to find a buyer for the bales of silage.... You will be faced with the bill for cutting, baling and wrapping though.

Alternatively, speak to a local livestock farmer and offer them a cut or two off your ground. Other than taking a cut or two of silage (round bales or clamp silage), someone might wish to make hay from your grass. If the land hasn't been fertilized with chemical fertilisers, it might be suitable for making hay for horses.

Depending upon your acreage, you might wish to rent the land on a cut only basis - the tenant would fertilise the ground and take several cuts of grass off it and give you a bit of a rental income. If the ground is rough and hasn't been cut/managed in a while, it might be harder to get someone to cut it for you.

Contact an agricultural contractor to get the grass cut, round baled and wrapped. Then you just need to find a buyer for the bales of silage.... You will be faced with the bill for cutting, baling and wrapping though.

Alternatively, speak to a local livestock farmer and offer them a cut or two off your ground. Other than taking a cut or two of silage (round bales or clamp silage), someone might wish to make hay from your grass. If the land hasn't been fertilized with chemical fertilisers, it might be suitable for making hay for horses.

Depending upon your acreage, you might wish to rent the land on a cut only basis - the tenant would fertilise the ground and take several cuts of grass off it and give you a bit of a rental income. If the ground is rough and hasn't been cut/managed in a while, it might be harder to get someone to cut it for you.

Most sensible horse owners want hay known to be from grassland free from Ragwort or other noxious weeds.

If you contact one of the local auctioneers, JJ Morris or John Francis ( ask for Martin Jenkins) they would be able to sell the silage for you straight off the field. That way you wouldn't have to bother with the baling etc. Price depends on the quality and the field access.

I daresay there are small operators around who would do that. My younger brother has been foraging the past few weeks. Makes over 500HP grunt at times, driving the forager - and that is not a big one by most modern standards! Need a fair sized field to go at; forages around 100 to 150 acres (40 - 60ha) a day.

That is a fair sized forager. Self propelled? I noticed the OP lives in carmarthenshire, the same as me and there are lots of different sized machines working around here. A lot of smaller farms around here don't have the access for the larger machines.

Thank you and hello Kathryn. I hope.
Oliver .............you should listen to yourself. Hell is beconing.

Latest posts

Back