Collins Beekeeper's Bible Page 215

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nonstandard

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
9 colonies & 2 nucs
Along with a lot of you I purchased the Collins Beekeeper's Bible from Amazon for a tenner earlier this year and found that the text on page 215 was a repeat of the text on page 214.

I contacted Harper Collins, whom have been most helpful; initially they sent me a replacement out which too had the page fault, I rang them up and they said that they would investigate as it was probably a print-run error, upon investigation it seems that all copies are affected.

However what they have done is sent me a copy of the errant page as it should be, a copy of which I have attached to this post. The image on the page that they sent me was a little blocky but if anyone needs a higher resolution scan PM me your email address and I will oblige.

All you should need to do is print it out and do is a little analogue 'cut and paste' with some paper glue :D

My copy seems to be fine. Must be the latest batch

Thanks very much for that nonstandard. I've got one of those copies!

Mine has that page but has at least one other error. Andrew

Ah thanks for this, yep mine has that error as well but haven't read that far yet so hadn't noticed. Will definitely print out the missing page.

Loads of errors in mine... One page hilariously says that bees do not break cluster until the temperature reaches 28c!!! All year round cluster for us then!!!

Errors aside, it is a good read.

Ben P

surely these aren't errors - simply down to the fact that "Bibles" must contain facts for which there is no evidence and that one must take on faith.

Latest posts

Back