Can you tell the type of bee this is ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oliverkelly

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Can anyone tell me the type of bee this is ?

I just spotted her outside the entrance to the hive. It was dark when I saw her.

This is my first hive, and the nucleus was installed yesterday evening. Needless to say I am slightly paranoid that it's the Queen!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sRaeyIzYZ_T3V6Mnh4cjQ5WDQ/view?usp=sharing

view

Drone and by the looks of it a dose of k wing

Worker, and no k wing I can see.
Nothing to worry about, it's quite usual for them to carry out a few corpses as they settle in after installing a nuc.

Worker, and no k wing I can see.
Nothing to worry about, it's quite usual for them to carry out a few corpses as they settle in after installing a nuc.

:iagree:

You'll get a bit more relaxed about things in a year or ten :D

quote=mbc;488274]Worker, and no k wing I can see. :sorry:
Nothing to worry about, it's quite usual for them to carry out a few corpses as they settle in after installing a nuc.[/quote]

my eyes often play tricks at that time in the morning but how I thought drone :blush5:[ :icon_204-2:

better up the hay fever tablets methinks (or should that be lay off them?):hairpull:

Last edited:
Many thanks for your replies.

In the morning I could see it was the same size as other bees.

I am sure I will start panicking about something else soon !

Like why are there all those bees underneath? What are they doing? Why is that bee bouncing off the hive.

Absolutely fascinating !

Look online for a pdf copy of "At the Hive Entrance" by Storch.

It's only a worker! Don't Worry!

The good news is that it is only a worker bee. As you've only placed the nucleus in a hive recently, stop worrying.

Back