But there's a snag

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbc

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Just heard there's a firm in newtown powys, Scott from hilltop apiaries, offering £3.25/lb for Welsh honey in bulk, snag is its honey up front and payment in three months.
Does anybody know this fella?
It's a nice price but I'm wary of doing business on those terms with unknown characters.

I'm wary of doing business on those terms with unknown characters.

All I can say is: anyone who is asking for credit is asking you to finance their operation. If you have no way of assessing their credit-worthiness you are right to be cautious, no matter what price he offers.

hilltop are all over the supermarkets, I have seen it in sainsburys, Tesco, and waitrose.

Also in Holland and barrett. Where it is on 20% off at the moment

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/search?query=hilltop&isSearch=true#so=sort_topseller&totalNumRecs=3

All the jars seem to be a mix of honeys and the reason he wants 3mth credit is because he has to give the supermarkets the same.

My view is that if he wants to deal with them then he should be financing it himself if he cant produce the honey himself.

That is the same guy who contacted me a couple of weeks ago, he got my details from the BFA, he was offering me £2.35 per lbs collected, he forgot to mention payment in three months !!, if that is the case he can forget it, who`s to say that the super markets wont delay payment further than three months, and he passes that on to us !! not for me i think.

hilltop are all over the supermarkets, I have seen it in sainsburys, Tesco, and waitrose.

Also in Holland and barrett. Where it is on 20% off at the moment

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/search?query=hilltop&isSearch=true#so=sort_topseller&totalNumRecs=3

All the jars seem to be a mix of honeys and the reason he wants 3mth credit is because he has to give the supermarkets the same.

My view is that if he wants to deal with them then he should be financing it himself if he cant produce the honey himself.

This is what I'd understood too, and I agree with your view of the financing.
Still, I like the fact that this sort of price is being bandied about for bulk honey, puts my worth up by more than a few pence!

Hi All,

I don't know if this is of interest but I've been getting £2.70 per lb from the The British Honey Company Ltd. I've not had to wait for payment either.

Hi

Anyone got any bulk for sale and what prices are they getting atm for it?

cheers

Hi Doug,

Have re-sent. If it doesn't come through again then email me via the web site.

Regards

Cris

Latest posts

Back