Boom loader.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi c_b
How would the Avant loader be for stability with a full pallet above head height. What would be its limits of angle be in your experience with 4 full hives incl honey.
We use a boom loader on our worst site as it enables one man to load with the minimum of moves, strapping down as he goes. This site if we use an aluminum bed, the boxes tend to slide to one side of their own accord. We also have rocks, rushes, peaty bits, no room to manoeuvre, as well as the hill to contend with on this site.

Hi c_b
How would the Avant loader be for stability with a full pallet above head height. What would be its limits of angle be in your experience with 4 full hives incl honey.
We use a boom loader on our worst site as it enables one man to load with the minimum of moves, strapping down as he goes. This site if we use an aluminum bed, the boxes tend to slide to one side of their own accord. We also have rocks, rushes, peaty bits, no room to manoeuvre, as well as the hill to contend with on this site.

As with any boomed loader you would drive with the load close to the ground until ready to load onto the lorry otherwise they are rather unstable. It has a very low ground pressure, i have not moved hives with it but did take 250kg of gravel accross some boggy ground without causing a problem. I like them as they are more versatile than a boom loader (can be used around the workshop and yard to move bits and bobs) but i can also see a boom loader being very handy to quickly lob out some hives. With regards angle of use, i would be tempted as with all wheeled machines on a slope to go only straight up and down the slope, but then i have not had an avant on anything past 20-30 degrees and it was fine going accross that.

C B

"W" clips are used most of the time to fix and locate broodbox to pallet

Latest posts

Back