Bee Shed

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you put a hive in a shed, how long could a tube be if you have it going from a hole at the front of the hive to the outside world.

Hope this makes sense.

You don’t need a tube just modify the floor/ entrance extend it a bit longer than normal so it fits tight to the outside wall of the shed and the hive sits a couple of inches off the shed wall. I think it's a better job to fix the floor so that during inspections the floor stays in place as its easy to create a gap and its then interesting how many bees then come into the shed.

As with the previous ques, because of the proximity of the shed to the allotment , only one part of shed could be used for the exit/ent, could you have 2/3 ft piping????

When using a bee house! It it advisable to place a hedge some 10/20ft from the front to carry the bees up and over head height!.
Shed housed bees tend to fly out straight ahead for 30ft or more .
Remember, once you have introduce this barrier, the bees regard the space created as part of the hive/s!
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a walkway in front of shed, the side goes into the bee enclosure with a fence for the bees to rise. I could get a few hives in the shed but not at the side so some plastic tubes etc could work????? 1 inch plasic pipe 3ft to side???? :sos::sos::sos::sos:

If you remove one of the burlap strips you are left with a hole.

Butt the hive up against that. Not tubes required...

Latest posts

Back