BBC 2 8:00 African honey bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was just a programme, for the general public, not for beekeepers. Does this require correct terminology and in depth information? Not really :)
:iagree: It was entertaining, and informative to a point.

(I'm just chuffed that I could spot so many 'opportunities for improvement'. My course tutor would be so proud...)

I thought strange bit of editing - the first part had wonderful photography to produce those jaw dropping moments, the disjointed and crude final 10 minutes was for what - London the saviours of the bee?

Was that Braula coeca i saw on the queen?
Haven't seen one of them for a while.

I thought strange bit of editing - the first part had wonderful photography to produce those jaw dropping moments, the disjointed and crude final 10 minutes was for what - London the saviours of the bee?

40 beekeepers a week being trained just a few miles south of me was the bit that me concern...have i enough swarm boxes/EFB/etc

40 beekeepers a week being trained just a few miles south of me was the bit that me concern...have i enough swarm boxes/EFB/etc

I doubt you will have enough swarm boxes, that is getting on for two thousand new beekeepers a year they are training at that place.

Enjoyed the program.

Lovely contrast: African taking comb with zero protection: London keepers dressed for biological warfare with elbow length leather gloves etc..

I thought the footage of the bee-eater pursuing the bee was outstanding

Latest posts

Back