ApiLifeVar query

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dosage

Interesting that UK Beeks are having problems with the Bees not tolerating Apilifevar despite the dosage used being the mediterranean one (1 tab per week broken in 4). if our germanic cousins are anything to go by UK beeks should be using at least two tabs at a time!!!

Biddly - what was the temperature like over the 8 days that you had your probs???

That sounds awful Biddly. What dose did you give?

For my part, I've just finished applying to my two colonies without any noticeable resistance from the bees, and sucessfully killed a few mites in the process.

I gave one tablet broken into four pieces with one piece placed in each corner of the brood box. The temperature was between about 18 - 22 not hot and sunny or too chilly.Someone else i talked to said their queen stopped laying whilst they applied the treatment and started again when they finished.

I gave one tablet broken into four pieces with one piece placed in each corner of the brood box. The temperature was between about 18 - 22 not hot and sunny or too chilly.Someone else i talked to said their queen stopped laying whilst they applied the treatment and started again when they finished.

The queen stopping laying is quite a common side effect for both Apilife Var and Apiguard I believe. Wonder if its worth mailing the manufacturers with your story and seeing what they say. Thanksfully it sounds like a one off, though thats not much help for you.

It's been suggested that it masked the queens pheromone. The poor bees coming back with pollen etc were wrestled, stung and killed trying to get back in the hive. The cluster on the top of the hive were fighting between themselves and clumps dropping down onto the floor wrestling with mass murder taking place.

Latest posts

Back