any mechanics here focus turbo probs P0047

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
long story short ford focus 136 tdci 2005 codes p0047 p2263 still there and loss of power after.....boost solenoid replace(other garage), wiring harness repaired and MAP sensor( by ford) ford said if any other fault after long drive must be turbo itself.... it ok for 4 months then loss power so, b. new turbo, oil flush and cleaned feed and oil return(different garage I supplied turbo from motor factors known this guy for 30+ years). prior to turbo replacement tried the turbo cleaners via fuel and air intake.

No change at all still not going over 2800 rpm only when warm ocassionaly in 1st and second gear only

pulling my hair out costing more than beekeeping!! any advice would help

back to ford on Friday

also I have never heard the electric fan come on and it has gone into limp mode in the past on a very hot day with engine temp high

Doesn't read as something any decent repairer should be troubled with. A turbo, in isolation, simply pumps air on one side while being driven on the other but only with any efficiency at higher exhaust gas flow rates. Usual failures are bearings for a road vehicle, usually because some idiot does not allow it to spool down before removing the cooling/lubrication supply (the oil in most cases). Additions such as waste gate, and associated control, is an area of potential trouble.

I would be starting at the beginning and checking pressure drops across air cleaner, and connecting ductwork, particularly on the low pressure side of the intercooler. It is almost certainly a sensor issue if the air paths are not leaking or collapsed. Engine water or oil temp sensors will also seriously affect the engine management, but that should not occur until the engine warms up, unless the fault code does not reset as temps decline.

But these issues are relatively easily checked out by any decent technician. I would be trying the more appropriate internet forums for advice as you are not likely to be the only one in the world with this particular fault, even if you are told this by your local mutts.

My wife was recently quoted £450 for a new drive shaft. They finished up fitting the £2.99 reluctor ring, supplied by me, bought from the net. They also fitted a £12 window winding kit for her. They had no issue with fitting parts supplied byus, but if they sourced the parts they were tied, as a dealership, to using expensive factory items. I think the window winder gear was going to be around £160 before fitting (she thinks it was £200-300), but not sure of that.

Could be several causes eg EGR valve, crank shaft sensor, these will cause the engine to run slow. I am surprised the garages have not been able to identify the problem with the diagnostic equipment they have to have nowadays.

Mike

It is recommended you replace the turbo oil feed pipe when replacing the turbo. Oil carbonises in it and reduces the flow. Turbo overheats and bearings go again.

It could also be the sump strainer if partially blocked as a result.

Check also no black deposits at seats of fuel injectors where they meet the head. That's a failure of seals...

This thread covers subject in great detail http://tinyurl.com/nm9buzw

Latest posts

Back