Any ideas what has caused this?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No offence Heather but I am a live and let live kind of person; well towards animals anyway. Slaughtering animals was not high on my list for becoming a vegetarian but if that's what floats your boat then good luck to you but all offers and suggestions of killing or maiming are politely declined :)

Soz, and it is only squirrels I shoot, but they were wrecking our home. Coming down chimneys, ripping out wire- they had to go and the council wouldn't allow trapping and relocating. We would have been prosecuted if found out.
Everything else is sacrosanct- (except maybe slugs:toetap05:)

A .22, .410 or 12 bore usually solves the problem:)

Each species on earth has selfishness built in !! It's called the survival instinct .
In spite of the veneer of 'civilisation' , man is a creature of nature equipped with a very healthy survival instinct !.
When a conflict of interest occurs, man usually reverts to his instinctive behavior patterns .
That's life ,get over it !
Nature Isn't cruel
Nature Isn't kind
Nature is indifferent !
IE. Nature has no conscience :(

John Wilkinson

Yes, but I also cannot look a lamb in the eye and think 'you will taste nice'..mixed up woman here!!

Each species on earth has selfishness built in !! It's called the survival instinct .
In spite of the veneer of 'civilisation' , man is a creature of nature equipped with a very healthy survival instinct !.
When a conflict of interest occurs, man usually reverts to his instinctive behavior patterns .
That's life ,get over it !
Nature Isn't cruel
Nature Isn't kind
Nature is indifferent !
IE. Nature has no conscience :(

John Wilkinson

So if I kill a teenager for threatening my family, can i tell the court my conscience is clear, that's life, so get over it? I was just using my survival instinct of protecting my family!

Somehow I don't reckon that will wash because we as humans are civilised and we know right from wrong, as a highly intelligent animal we are responsible for what we do. We are unique. We are the only animal that laughs, we are the only animal that has sex for pleasure and we are amongst the very few that kill for pleasure. We have a conscience and some of us have very different values/personalities/likes and loves to others and we have the ability to respect others for that if we choose.

I will now consign my soap box to the back of the cupboard again. My high horse has been lowered. Any my ivory tower has been dismantled. :party:

So if I kill a teenager for threatening my family, can i tell the court my conscience is clear, that's life, so get over it? I was just using my survival instinct of protecting my family!

Somehow I don't reckon that will wash because we as humans are civilised and we know right from wrong, as a highly intelligent animal we are responsible for what we do. We are unique. We are the only animal that laughs, we are the only animal that has sex for pleasure and we are amongst the very few that kill for pleasure. We have a conscience and some of us have very different values/personalities/likes and loves to others and we have the ability to respect others for that if we choose.

I will now consign my soap box to the back of the cupboard again. My high horse has been lowered. Any my ivory tower has been dismantled. :party:

We are civilised,
we pick our youngest and best to be used as cannon fodder . we nurture genetically weak and obviously disadvantaged people up to breeding age to prolong such weakness .
We like to play god !!. We make laws to inflict on other people but excuse ourselves from obeying .
We act naturally SOZ
Soz for highjacking OP.
:rant:.
:hurray:

John Wilkinson

Last edited:
No offence Heather but I am a live and let live kind of person; well towards animals anyway. Slaughtering animals was not high on my list for becoming a vegetarian but if that's what floats your boat then good luck to you but all offers and suggestions of killing or maiming are politely declined :)

At the risk of having to get my tin helmet, given the possible squirrel threat to your hives, what will be your reaction to the inevitable wasp attacks later on in the year?

trulli1 - we do have a dog or two but neither are allowed down that end of the garden for their own safety.

plumberman - not been bothered by wasps yet so cant say. We had lots of hornets last year but they didn't bother the bees either. Anyway when one of those big buggers came at me I was off running and the bees were on their own! :)

Latest posts

Back