4G wavelength sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theeggman

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
2 Cedar + 5 Poly
I know I'm a boring/grumpy old f**t but this takes the biscuit.

We paid for the new digital tv network through the license fee.
We had to buy a freeview box or new TV and recorder.
The old analogue wavelengths have been sold with the income going to the Government.
Now we are being told that the 4G network will probably interfere with a proportion of freeview viewers, they will supply 1 free filter to 'cure' the problem but if you have more than 1 TV additional filters can be bought at £5-£10 each.
Also there will be some cases where the interference is so bad the viewer will have go satellite.

Can anyone suggest a suitable country to emigrate to?

Tim :hairpull:

Ha, yes I see what you mean!

However, it is the case that the ~£2bn raised from these private companies is going straight into the public purse, that's £2bn of tax we won't have to pay. :) Subsidising the digital TV network build from the licence fee is a very small price to pay for this windfall from private companies - and some would argue the benefits of digital (more channels, HD etc.) are worth it anyway.

I wouldn't know as we haven't had a TV for some five years now (life's so much better without one!).

I suspect any interference to Freeview will only effect a very small proportion users - we shall see!

Do you still get the Local/Regional tv via freesat or just london based?

Nearly everything you get on free view, all the local etc, you need a dish. You can get sky or freesat using the same dish, they work off the same satellite. If you have no freesat tv then get a freesat top box, just like a free view one.

Latest posts

Back