Would anyone be interested in a ‘bee share’?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
My situation has changed and I am getting less and less time to tend to my bees.
Ideally I don’t want to sell so I was thinking that if someone would like to ‘take them over’ and look after them at my allotment and we could split any honey collected.
The benefits for the sharer would be no outlay for bees, hives and extractor, a good private location and some honey in the bargain (hopefully). There is room for more hives at the allotment if the sharer would like to add their own hives.
The location of the apiary is near Spotland stadium Rochdale.
Are there any thoughts regards this situation both positive and negative?
Les

Are there any thoughts regards this situation both positive and negative?

If it were me, I'd be inclined to try and find an older/retired type of individual who knows what he is doing. I can see problems arising with an inexperienced beekeeper. Avoid the younger ones with jobs and kids because they will probably have less time than you.

I am still open to offers with this and just giving another chance before I put the bees up for sale.

Could you act as a mentor for "LBA" let beginners do the work under your instruction or is time an issue. Offer to LBA as an out apiary also possible.

Colin

If the offer is still open Les, then I may well be able to help.

Many thanks, Rhys

Back