Win 7 service pack failure to install

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
Tried umteen times to get this on and it fails every time whether via ISO disc or DL.

I have tried disabling AVG and the firewall but it makes no odds, any thoughts?

Oh run the enabling tool more than five times and it makes no difference.

PH

Wrong forum, I reckon. You need a direct line to Bill Gates?

I now hate Windows.

Seriously, there must be a better route to find out? The Windows help/query thingy should be the way to go. Might be as good as the windows software, I suppose. Which will mean it will be lacking something, somewhere.

RAB

Are you running in safe mode? Are you trying to upgrade or clean install?

Running in normal mode and trying to add the SP to a working installation.

PH

what version of 7 are you running, and is it x32 or x64?

I have installed it on our 2008 boxes and 7 clients and have no issues installing..

It managed to toast a couple of my virtual boxes on 2008 though.. :beatdeadhorse5:

x 32.

It just point blank refuses to load on. Bit baffled to be honest

PH

Hope this helps.

I run normal x32 bit windows 7 and this is the list of updates that has been installed.

WINUP.JPG

On the previous screen <windows update> it said two optional updates to install.

WINUP1.JPG

My only suggestion is check to see if the Windows Update tool picks up you need to install the update you are trying to add, if not ignore it as it more than likely isn't meant for your version of win7. ie its for x64 and not x32 bit, its meant for a high spec version of win7 (mine is basic win7 not home premium) or you are missing an older update that needs to be installed first before adding the update you have as it may not be a backwards compatible update.

Last edited:
It would normally leave an error message somewhere, either on the Windows update screen under history, or in the Event log if you know your way to there.

If you want to bring it over the Melton Mowbray during the week I'm happy to have a look!

Latest posts

Back