Replacement motor for Lyson Extractor

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Following this thread with interest.

Here is a set up I came across online that might be useful for some of you.

Seems reasonably priced. Has speed control and can be attached directly to the shaft of the extractor. No idea how it compares to the other set ups or a 'real' version.

Honey Extractor Electrification

Following on from post #6, some loose ends to tie up but the extractor is now electric. I decided not to go arduino as it wasn't needed for the task. Instead I simply used a stepper driver signal pulse generator a few simple wire links to the digital stepper driver and bob's your uncle. For power I have a pair of well used 8 year old 36v lion ebike batteries ideal for a power source to deliver all the current/power needed.

Although not as neat as a new spec'd purpose built extractor, for less then about £90 and reutilising an old power source I have given the old plastic tub a new lease of life.
I have some wet supers manually extracted by hand and drill so loaded them to test and it is surprising how much more surplus honey can be got out, no means lbs but certainly enough to splatter the side walls again.

Will post pics when all tidied up and will see if I can make a short film in action.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back