Overdue hello!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian48

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Hi everyone
Just thought I’d say hello here before going into detail about a dilemma I have (I will start a separate post for that!)
My name is Ian, I came back to the hobby at the beginning of the year after a 13 year break.
Back then It was difficult to devote as much time as I would have liked to the bees, plus a move to France for a few years finally put an end to it all.

Luckily I kept a lot of kit, as I knew I would one day start again,
I had 14 hives at one point, most of which were swarms I managed to collect over the years.

To be honest it’s all been a big learning curve again, as it surprised me just how much you forget over time!
I've made mistakes, and learnt some new tricks this year, but the bees have finally settled

I started the year with 2 nucs, and through various splits and a swarm here and there I’m now up to 5 good strong hives, with plenty of honey on the way.
I’m starting to feel like I can call myself a beekeeper again!….😀

I’ve been out to look at an interesting situation this morning involving a tree and lots of bees, I’ll start a new discussion about it, and more importantly ask for some advice on how to deal with it??

thanks for having me, and will look forward to chatting on the forum.

Ian

Hello Ian, welcome. Enjoy the forum and beekeeping.

Latest posts

Back