• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Newcastle upon Tyne - 2010

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isc26

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi know it's early but looking for first nuc in spring 2010. Ideally British black bees due to location. Please leave a reply if you can assist.

Can collect in NE.

£ negotiable.

best wishes

Why not make one from your two hives might be an obvious reply but why not

Tom,

Two hives but no colonies, I would think.

The wording is misleading to lots of new beeks, I am sure.

Regards, RAB

Hi know it's early but looking for first nuc in spring 2010. Ideally British black bees due to location. Please leave a reply if you can assist.

Can collect in NE.

£ negotiable.

best wishes
Couldn't do better than Brian Ripley at Alnwick .

John Wikinson

Brian Ripley, of the Alnwick and District Beekeepers Association believes there are many people who would love to be able to keep bees themselves.

“We are going to set up a training apiary and give people a hive of their own for 12 months, and if at the end of the time they want to keep going they can take the bees away to their own apiary."

What an offer for anyone wanting to start up!

C'mon Admin, not quite for 'anyone'; well not in the sense of 'everyone'. Travelling from your neck of the woods (or even mine) to Alnwick for weekly inspections in the summer might just prove a bit prohibitive!

Sounds a good deal for the locals though - they will just need a hive if they want the bees - but not tooo local, or half the bees might just go back to the apiary.

Regards, RAB

Latest posts

Back