New

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beelofty

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all
I'm new to bee keeping I got my swarm in August 2012 and they managed to get through winter, this year they have built up well. I'm thinking of joining an association as there is that much to learn.

Welcome to the forum. You will benefit from joining a local association.

You have done well to keep your colony from 2012. A lot of newbees loose their bees in the first year or two ----- part of the learning process.

You might like to plan to increase next year. With a single colony, life can be awkward if there is a problem that needs sorting.

Hi the learning never stops, I am going to look to increase this coming year if all goes well and then hopefully will be able to sort most problems without going on the scrounge from other beekeepers.

Welcome..

Hi the learning never stops, I am going to look to increase this coming year if all goes well and then hopefully will be able to sort most problems without going on the scrounge from other beekeepers.

Welcome..

Going on the scrounge for information (which is what you usually need in such circumstances) will often provide options, even stuff sometimes.

Nothing wrong with that if, a) done in good faith, b) you reciprocate and c) pass it on to those who come to you in future years in the same predicament.

As a mate of mine always says: shy bairns get no tea. And my ma always says: they can only say no.

Latest posts

Back