mentorship wanted near micleham surrey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zng109

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
Number of Hives
Regretably my father was the bee keeper and now has dementia and not a suitable mentor, I have taken over the hive, bodged it together caught a very small swarm but would need a bit of help with questions, I can pay in free range eggs and home brew if required:cheers2:

Have you tried the Reigate branch of the Surrey Beekeepers Association? They have an Apiary near Box Hill School.

yes I did contact them when I was arguing with the council about siting a hive on the alotment, chocolate fire guard springs to mind.
I have to admit I am a member of an allotment ass. and a moderator on a poultry forum, which has somewhat jaded me to large organisations with their inherant in house fighting:boxing_smiley:
I would just prefer one on one conversation, as i stated before my father is no longer in a fit state to offer this guidance, so I am bumbeling a long on my own and have a number of concerns with regard to my brood and the anoying fact that the queen has got round the excluder so the brood chamber is empty and I have grubs/ pollen/ honey/ and atleast two queen cells on the only two screens they are using:banghead:

Back