looking for water or storing it

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enrico

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
When living on the Welsh borders my bees would have been tucked up in bed by now but here in Somerset they are flying all day and every day, not only that but they are in the windfall apples in their hundreds. My question is 'are they collecting water or are they storing the sweet apple juice as they would nectar? More to the point, will I be extracting cider next year instead of honey?
E

Attachments

• IMG_20161111_120643036.jpg
    IMG_20161111_120643036.jpg
    260.5 KB
Maybe they are just eating them?
I have seen bees on all sorts of fruit in California during a dearth.

here in Somerset they are flying all day and every day,

Still lots of pollen being collected from the Ivy here, lots of it in flower, and still a lot yet to flower, usually goes on until early December.

Lots of Gorse also in flower.

So........are they drinking, eating or storing?
E

It's called " continental drift "

IT is not. High pressure centres were surrounded by seas.

Nothing wrong in temperature but this happening was very early. IT is rare that our winter starts that early. Last winter started in February.
IT may have something to do with curve of Jet Stream

Last edited:
find that hard to believe

IT is same what you believe. First 5 years you believed that I do not exist. Then next 3 years you have tried to explains, that I do not have bees.
And now you claim, that I do not nurse bees, what I do not have.

Everything is OK if your age would be under 7.

Last edited:
IT is not. High pressure centres were surrounded by seas.

Nothing wrong in temperature but this happening was very early. IT is rare that our winter starts that early. Last winter started in February.
IT may have something to do with curve of Jet Stream

It is the Atlantic that keeps the western side of the UK warm, my region has been classed as sub tropical, in other words it doesn't stop raining!
S

my region has been classed as sub tropical, in other words it doesn't stop raining!
S

That is quite good.

Sub tropical areas

Humid-Subtropical-Zones.jpg

Last edited:
I get honey bees on raspberries and also figs here, apples, never really noticed ans there is so many on the ground this time of year!. however its actually the wasps that attack the fruit first, dam raging the fruit the bees so suck up the nectar afterwards. As you know bees just cant bite and chew, but wasps can.

Latest posts

Back