Looking for basic introduction Staffs

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DebbieMartin

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hello
Sorry for reposting - just wanted to make sure as many as possible saw this as we are really keen -
My son (11) is home educated and very interested in rural pursuits / land management etc. We would both like to start bee keeping. We have just under an acre of rural land but to be hones havnt got a clue what to do first and having had a read of some books and a good search on the internet has only left us more confused. We would love to be able to visit an established bee keeper just to have a look and a chat about first steps. We already keep ducks, chickens and goats so understand about the responsibility of keeping living things. Are there any friendly, enthusiastic beekeepers in Staffs/ North Staffs/Shrops who would be willing to let us come over and meet them. At some point we will do a bee keeping day but for now just wanted something a bit less formal to see if its the right thing for us. Thanks in advance

:welcome:
Presume you didn't mean Staffordshire Bull Terriers :D

We're about half way down Shropshire on the left hand side and insured to have visitors on the apiaries - as are all BBKA members - (my youngest is also 11). So if you want to spend time with bees and are around this way, you'd both be welcome. We're a family run set-up and rarely bite :)

You could get in touch with either North or South Staffs Beekeepers and go on a taster session. I really would look at doing a course - there's plenty poor beekeeping about and this last year has been the hardest (in terms of crop and keeping bees well and alive) in around half a century.

Latest posts

Back