II parts info please

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wightbees

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
How long is a piece of string
A bit of info needed please.

what is the inside diameter of the queen holding tube.
what stops the queen from sliding down the tube to where the Co2 inlet is.
What is the angle of the tube.I have this somewhere but thought i would ask anyway :)

thanks,and any other info you think might be useful.
cheers

The tube is like the tip of an old biro...so queen can't go through the gap. Haven't got our kit here to measure I'm afraid.

Thanks `
But what stops the queen from sliding down the tube,or does she only just fit so its a tight fit ?

I have reread them again and im still confused.
I take it the tapper is at the top of the tube as used in schley system.
But on the Latshaw system there is no tapper at the top,so when the Queen is
in the tube with her back end stuck out slightly,what stops here from being pushed down or sliding down?

The tip of the CO2 supply stops her going back into the tube,her head is against it.

The tip of the CO2 supply stops her going back into the tube,her head is against it.

In other words imagine an inch sawn off an old Bic-type biro pushed into the CO2 supply tube. Add queen bottom up. Well a bit more complicated than that.

Thanks ,i did wonder if it was the Co2 being used as a stop.
Is this tube adjustable because the lengh of Queen must vary? Or do you justnot push it down so far.

Thanks ,i did wonder if it was the Co2 being used as a stop.
Is this tube adjustable because the lengh of Queen must vary? Or do you justnot push it down so far.

Semi ajustable,has an O ring on it.

Latest posts

Back