Hoping my first bees come soon.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susan Murphy

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Hello! I'm excited to talk with other beekeepers across the pond!
I live in a very remote area of BC . Our 320 acres is surrounded on three sides by crown land and on the other side by a beef rancher. There are no crops nearby being sprayed or treated with some of the chemicals that are affecting bee health world wide. We have been busy the past two years establishing a small orchard with over 200 haskap plants and 30 sour cherry plus 40 acres of mixed pasture Timothy, clover and alfalfa provide a safe bee foraging area. My hope is to set up two Perone Hives . My primary objective is to first build strong healthy colonies. I have registered a project on a site called Kickstarter it is called Let Bees be Bees by Susan Murphy. If you think you would like to support me in this endeavor pls have a look! Thanks so much. I will be posting tons of questions as I go and look forward to all your input.

Hi Susan, welcome.

I've stopped in Dawson Creek :)
Many years ago, then husband and I drove from Vancouver to Dawson City.
Picked up the Alaskan Highway, stopped to see friends in Whitehorse and drove on to "Goldrush City"

What a wonderful trip, I was newly married and had never ever seen such scenery.

Best of luck and tell us how you get on.

Hello Susan,

Just goes to show eh? I drove the family up to Dawson Creek and 'Mile O' and went to see the bridge, is it Kaskatenaw? Something like that.
Best of luck.

Latest posts

Back