Heavy Propolis Colony

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuyNir

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
10-15
One of my colonies is bringing in propolis at an industrial level.

always keep this one as the last, as my gloves/hive tool etc’ are super sticky after… Bit of a pain. I‘m fully aware of the benefits of propolis, but this is way exessive…

Q replaced recently, wondering if it’ll change? (Q replacement not because of this issue)

One of my colonies is bringing in propolis at an industrial level.

always keep this one as the last, as my gloves/hive tool etc’ are super sticky after… Bit of a pain. I‘m fully aware of the benefits of propolis, but this is way exessive…

Q replaced recently, wondering if it’ll change? (Q replacement not because of this issue)
I have a hive like that, I get absolutely covered in it, so hard to get off everything. I guess the Bee's are all different in the way they do things 🤷

Personally I like colonies like this, they always seem healthy. I would not requeen unless they have other issues. A sticky colony smells divine.
Yes, agree it smells divine. This colony had EFB last year (shook swarmed and clean this year). This one is excessive though…

Yes, agree it smells divine. This colony had EFB last year (shook swarmed and clean this year). This one is excessive though…
I have a colony where the propolis hangs down in strings as you lift up the frames. The bees sit there laughing with baskets bulging with the stuff as I get more and more sticky. Agree that the smell is truly amazing.

Back