fri, 4th Sept

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
today is a good day for beekeeping, bad day for other hobbies

lets start with the bee's, the queen that i bought last week has been successfully introduced into my small(er) colony and has started laying, I forgot to take the second treatment of Apiguard with me for both colonies so this one didn't get it today, I'll take it over in the morning, from here on in it's keep the feeder topped up, let them draw out the remaining frames of foundation and fill it all with syrup, happy days :D

the larger colony - despite me taking the baby queen for a walk around the orchard (doh) she knew she'd be better off in the hive and has made it back home safely, she has started laying and has filled 3 sides of comb with eggs in the last few days. I even managed to go through this colony with my thin gloves not the leather things I've been using lately, again, this colony is now ready for winter, the second Apiguard is on and the feeder just needs regular topping up, this colony completely covers every side of all the frames in the brood box, so I think they'll be moved up onto 14x12's at the beginning of next season to give them the extra space I think that they need.

Bad day for other hobbies - not going into too much detail but its enough to say that clubs in general are thankless, commitees are a complete pain in the butt and too many people have their own secret agenda's so I've told them to poke it and I'm very upset that it has come to that :mad:

Latest posts

Back